The MAX485 TTL To RS485 Module converts TTL signal to RS485 for long range, high data rate error prone differential communication. Digital communications networks implementing the EIA-485 standard can be used effectively over long distances and in electrically noisy environments.
Multiple receivers may be connected to such a network in a linear, multi-drop configuration. These characteristics make such networks useful in industrial environments and similar applications.
This converter lets you send and receive data using the RS485 network from your Arduino/micro controller. Similar to Serial TTL and RS232 interfaces, the RS485 lets you transfer data between micro controllers and devices but with extra features! RS485 is an industry standard protocol for data transfer and provides numerous advantages.
It lets you transfer data between up to 32 devices, through the same data line over a cable length of up to 1.2km (4000ft) with a maximum data rate of 10Mbit/s. This converter is designed for office and industrial applications (non-isolated) and provides superior characteristics/features normally found only on more expensive units.
- On-board MAX485 chip, A low power consumption for the RS-485 communication, slew-rate limited transceiver.
- A low power consumption for the RS-485 communication
- Onboard then 5.08 (mm) pitch 2P terminal to facilitate RS-485 communication wiring.
- Slew-rate limited transceiver
- All pins of the chip have been lead to can be controlled through the microcontroller.
- Convenient RS-485 communication wiring
- Multiple Units can be connected to the same RS-485 bus wiring.
- All Chip pins are brought out for proper controls
1 x RS485 TTL MODULE