The A4988 stepper motor driver carrier is a breakout board for Allegro’s A4988 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver. The driver features adjustable current limiting, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, and five different microstep resolutions (down to 1/16-step). It operates from 8 – 35 V and can deliver up to approximately 1 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (it is rated for 2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).
- Minimum operating voltage: 8V
- Maximum operating voltage: 35V
- Continuous current per phase: 1 Amp
- Maximum current per phase: 2 Amp
- Minimum logic voltage: 3V
- Maximum logic voltage: 5.5V
- Microstep resolutions: Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16
- Size: 0.6" × 0.8"
- Weight: 1.3 grams