Pressure Sensor A401 25LBS Flexiforce Compatible
Brand : Tekscan
Share this product:
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION / SPECIFICATIONS
This is a piezo resistive force sensor from Tekscan. The harder you press, the lower the sensor’s resistance. Pressing hard, the resistance changes from infinite to ~50k. The sensor itself is thin and flexible, but the resistance does not change while being flexed. Resistance changes only when pressure is applied to the round area at the end of the sensor. Used as a presence sensor (someone standing), weight sensor, pressure sensor (impact testing), etc.
The overall length is about 2.25″. The sensor comes with a 0.1″ spaced, reinforced, breadboard friendly connector.
This sensor ranges from 0 to 25lbs of pressure.
- Thickness 0.008" (.203mm)
- Length 2.24" (56.8mm)
- Width 1.25" (31.8mm)
- Sensing Area 1.0" diameter (25.4mm)
- Connector 2-pin male square pin
- Typical Performance
- Linearity Error <+/-3%
- Repeatability <+/-2.5% of full scale (conditioned sensor, 80% force applied)
- Hysteresis <4.5% of full scale (conditioned sensor, 80% force applied)
- Drift <5% per logarithmic time scale (constant load of 25 lb)
- Response Time <5 microseconds
- Operating Temperatures 15°F to 140°F (-9°C to 60°C)
- Force Ranges 0-25 lb (110 N)
- Temperature Sensitivity Output variance up to 0.2% per degree F (approximately 0.36% per degree C)
Testing and Measurement Equipment
OEM Development Kit
1 X Pressure Sensor A401 25LBS Flexiforce Compatible