PRODUCT DESCRIPTION / SPECIFICATIONS
The ATMEGA16A-PU is a 16-bit low power high-performance CMOS Microcontroller is based on the Atmel AVR enhanced RISC architecture. The device features 16kB self-programming flash program memory, 1024B SRAM, 512-byte EEPROM, 8 channel 10-bit A/D converter and JTAG interface for on-chip-debug. The device achieves 16 MIPS throughput at 16MHz at 2.7 to 5.5V operation.
By executing powerful instructions in a single clock cycle, the device achieves throughputs approaching 1 MIPS per MHz, allowing you to optimize power consumption versus processing speed. The Atmel AVR core combines a rich instruction set with 32 general purpose working registers. All the 32 registers are directly connected to the Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU), allowing two independent registers to be accessed in one single instruction executed in one clock cycle. The resulting architecture is more code efficient while achieving throughputs up to ten times faster than conventional CISC microcontrollers.
- Advanced RISC architecture – On-chip 2-cycle multiplier
- High endurance, non-volatile memory segments
- JTAG (IEEE 1149.1 compliant) interface
- Peripheral features – Real-time counter with separate oscillator
- Power-on reset (POR) and programmable brown-out detection
- Internal Calibrated RC oscillator
- External and internal interrupt sources
- Six sleep modes – Idle, ADC noise reduction, power-save, power-down, standby and extended standby
- 32 Programmable I/O lines
- Supplier’s original packaging: Tube
- Applications: Industrial, Computers & Computer Peripherals
1 x ATmega 16A-PU PDIP-40 Microcontroller