A3144 Unipolar hall-effect sensor is a magnetic switch. This hall effect sensor just like an reed switch but more sensitive to magnetic flux and suitable for hares environment because of semiconductor type ceasing and no glass encapsulation. This type of unipolar hall effect sensor changes its state if one pole of magnet comes near it. Each hall-effect integrated circuit includes a hall sensing element, linear amplifier, and emitter-follower output stage. Problems associated with handling tiny analog signals are minimized by having the hall cell and amplifier on a single chip.
- Digital Output Hall-effect sensor
- Operating voltage: 4.5V to 28V (typically 5V)
- Output Current: 25mA
- Can be used to detect both the poles of a magnet
- Output voltage is equal to operating voltage
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Turn on and Turn off time is 2uS each
- Inbuilt reverse polarity protection
- Suitable for Automotive and Industrial Applications
WHERE TO USE THE HALL-EFFECT SENSOR:
A hall-effect sensor as then name suggests works with the principle of hall-effect and is used to detect magnets. Each side of the sensor can detect one particular pole. It can also be easily interfaced with a microcontroller since it works on transistor logic.
So if you are looking for a sensor to detect magnet for measuring the speed of a moving object or just to detect objects then this sensor might be the perfect choice for your project.
HOW TO USE HALL-EFFECT SENSOR:
There are two main types of hall-effect sensors, one which gives an analog output and the other which gives a digital output. A3144
is a digital output hall sensor, meaning if it detects a magnet the output will go low else the output will remain high. It is also mandatory to use a pull-up resistor as shown below to keep the output high when no magnet is detected.APPLICATIONS:
- Used to detect magnets(objects) in automation systems
- Used in magnetic door alarm system
- Measure speed in automobiles
- Detect the pole of magnets in BLDC motors
1 X A3144 Hall Effect Sensor Switch